Self Knowledge Education – Krishnamurti’s View
This article discusses how important self knowledge education is to each of us according to Jiddu Krishnamurti. Topics such as “releasing the mind” & “creativity” are looked upon through Krishnamurti’s perspective.
The Journey of Self knowledge Education
- Most of us have a misconception of the definition of words such as self-knowledge or self awareness. Many feel these things consist of isolation, or withdrawal from relationship with others. How can we understand ourselves through exclusion when so much of us is determined by the relationship we keep?
- According to Krishnamurti, self-knowledge is absolutely essential. However, it will only be accurately realized in the relations we have with society, our husband, our wife, family members: to the fellow man and woman.
- HOW WE REACT and respond to the relations we have around us is self knowledge. We need strong perception and alertness to recognize and analyze these reactions that lead us to self-knowledge.
“The transformation of the world is brought about by the transformation of oneself,
because the self is the product and a part of the total process of human existence.”
– Jiddu Krishnamurti
Self Knowledge Education: Release the Mind
“The more you know yourself, the more clarity there is. Self-knowledge has no end – you don’t come to an achievement, you don’t come to a conclusion. It is an endless river.”
– Jiddu Krishnamurti
- Self knowledge is necessary on the path of transformation. We need to know ourselves properly in order to get correct thoughts and actions that lead us to personal transformation.
- We must remember to realize ourselves as who we are and not who we wish to be. Who we wish to be is unreal and fiction. We can only transform who we really are, not who we wish to be.
- Even if there are bad qualities about ourselves, we must recognize it so we can transform from it. Brutal honesty towards ourselves when building self-knowledge is necessary.
- To truly transform, we cannot be attached to idealizations, dogma, and other beliefs. This attachment would create a FICTITIOUS version of ourselves and not the real person. We must understand the dangers of transforming a fictitious version of ourselves as opposed to the real person.
- We must focus to understand self knowledge from “moment to moment” on the way we are. Things like pursuits, intentions, appetites and thoughts are important to be analyzed from moment to movement. Drawing on past experience and analyzing these aspects as a whole will only help to create an illusion of ourselves.
Cultivating Creativity Through Self Knowledge Education
- We long to create results and one of the reason we create psychological authorities is to find a “comforting” result. Let it be a a person, system, or ideology, as long as it promises us security, we are quick to obey.
- This leads us away from creativity and self-knowledge because it creates a system or process for us to use. A process or system that is defined by our need to feel secure or find certainty.
“If you begin to understand what you are without trying to change it, then what you are undergoes a transformation.”
– Jiddu Krishnamruti
- Unique creativity through self knowledge cannot be found in preconceived processes or systems that are offered by psychological authorities. Instead, we have to go past those authorities to really understand who we are without those forms of authority and bring about a creativity that is unique to ourselves.
- Authority works to destroy our awareness and makes us see things through a narrow scope. This will surely destroy creative freedom or at least hinder it. Creativity thrives on free and unique thinking.
Join in on the conversation! Please comment on this article and tell me what you think.
What do you agree with and what don’t you agree with?
How do you think we can apply this knowledge in our daily lives to enrich our quality of life as individuals and as a species?
A List of Some of Jiddu Krishnamurti’s Literature:
For more thought provoking knowledge, check out the following articles and social media images:
|J Krishnamurti Book of Life||Krishnamurti on Love||Reality Based Perception||Social Condition’s Freedom|
|Jiddu Krishnamurti Teachings||J Krishnamurti Quotes||Krishnamurti and Authority||J Krishnamurti Teachings|